Monday, November 3, 2008

GLOBAL CYCLE RIDE

Well,well, How are we all doing?

Welcome to Mark Doherty's blog. This blog is to record my attempt to circumnavigate the globe by bicycle. Around the middle of November 2008, I plan to wheel my Koga bicycle out my front door in Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland and cycle down to Rosslare Harbour in south, west Ireland. From here, I hope to get a ferry across to north France and continue cycling across Europe. If I make it as far as Turkey, and the mind, body and bicycle are still strong, then I hope to continue biking through Asia. And as long as I'm enjoying myself, I'd hope to continue through Australia, America and eventually return to Ireland in about 2 years time. The 'dream plan' is to cycle around the world, but the 'reality plan' will be to continue cycling as long as its fun. Welcome to my adventure....




No comments: