Sunday, April 12, 2009

DAY 143

Do you notice anything out of place in the photo above????
Well God bless your eyesight if you can see the foot long steel bar sticking out of the road just 4 feet in front of where this photo was taken. Cause I didn't see it when I was flying down this hill and over the handlebars I went for my first (and hopefully last) fall of the trip. I'd say it would have been amazing to see it (rather than actually take part in it) as I slide on down the loose chipping using my back as brakes. But apart from a hell of a surprise and a few scratches, I was fine and back on the bike in a few minutes.

1 comment:

henko said...

Hi Mark,
good to see that you're doing allright! Thought you had been run over or something when I saw the first pic...good luck and maybe I will bump into you at the Iran border, planning for the end of april. Best//Henrik