Wednesday, June 10, 2009

UZBEKISTAN



Today I found an internet cafe and so after a bit of breakfast, I decided to check into my hotel for another night and spend the day in front of the computer, spending off emails and updating the blog. But I got chatting to Martin from Norway. Martin's plan for the day was to take a bus north to see the ships in the desert at Moynaq and he invited me along for the 500km round trip. Plan B sounded way better than plan A. Its amazing as it is depressing to see the environment disaster of the depleted Aral Sea. Where there was once a great mass of water and a thriving fishing industry of 600 ships,there is now nothing. You walk out on to the pier and its just desert for as far as you can see. All that is left is just sea-shells and this rusting fishing fleet.

No comments: