Tuesday, November 25, 2008

DAY 4 ROSSLARE BEACH TO A HILLTOP IN WALES


So I woke up early,packed up the tent and made my way down to the ferry. Its a fair deal, just to bring a bike on board costs an extra 6 euro. Tied up the bike and made my way upstairs to spend the last of my euro coins on some breakfast.The ferry was filled with a large contingency of the traveller community from Limerick. Even when we were queuing up for the ferry there were full of questions(which were cautiously answered).Once we set sail, they were over again with loads more questions.So where are you off to? And how do you finance such a trip? Have you no wife? Do you know, you can get 1 in China for a tenner? And,of course any I asked was vaguely answered and followed by more questions.Anyway, they were in high spirits. Apparently one of them had won a sizeable amount in the lotto,(Hard to believe really,when you consider they got ordered out of the 'freight drivers lounge' for helping themselves to the free coffee). Anyway,at 1pm we touched down in Pembroke in Wales. I got a brilliant map of Wales on board the ship, so for the remainder of the day, I've been riding down country lanes past castles and beaches,through tunnels and side streets.I'm presently camped up on a coastal hilltop.I can hear the distant crash of the waves on the beach below. For dinner I sat out on my coat and cooked up a load sausages while looking out at the spectacular view of the different islands and as the darkness set in,I cracked open a can of beer and watched the towns light up.In the distance, I could make out Swansea,where I plan to be tomorrow night.

No comments: