Saturday, December 27, 2008

DAY 40-STILL TRUCKIN'





Today,I saw the Pyrenees for the first time. I came up over a hill and in the distance I could them in all their glory. The excitement of facing into mountains of this size was immediate,but it was quickly followed by a fear that made me almost weak in the knee(and they are weak enough at present). From there I powered on down a hill into the city of Carcassonne. I have been looking forward to getting to this place for more reason than 1,but I might tell ye more about that later...........Anyway,I'm gonna park up here for a few days and ring in the new year in this town. The OD(Overall Distance) on the bike computer is now reading at over 2000kms and the body wants a rest and maybe around the 3th or 4th of January, I'll select a low gear and head out the other side of Carcassonne

No comments: