Friday, February 20, 2009

DAY 93






Pedalled on up that road another 70 kms. Today was a treat of a day. I awoke from my beach fly-tent to the sound of a wild wind and sea outside. It was extremely difficult to fold up the tent in the violent gusts of wind. When I got out on the road,this wind was at my back. I literally had to just stand on the pedals and let the wind blow me on down the road. Today we visited the remains of the ancient city of Corinth. Most impressive was the 5th century BC temple of Apollo. The museum contained 2900 year old vases. After a lunch of a few mars bars on the road(kinda lost track of time in Ancient Corinth),we made it over the Corinth Canal. This waterway,which is cut through solid rock,is a project that was first considered in the 7th century BC,but it wasn't finished until 1893. My timing was perfect. A boat was making its way through the canal. I'm presently camped up on a cliff edge and all around I see the lights on the surrounding Islands. My phone,ipod,camera and this computer are all in need of a plug socket. We'll have lunch in Athens tomorrow

No comments: